Shave, Wax or Zap?
Different Hair Removal Methods
Laser Hair Removal Dallas
Shaving, tweezing, waxing or zapping, discover which hair removal method is best for you from Santé Medical Aesthetics, the premier Laser Hair Removal Dallas Provider.
Getting rid of unwanted hair seems to be a part of life. A big part of it. According to a British survey ⁱ, it takes most women about 4 minutes to shave her legs. When added up over a lifetime, researchers say the average woman will spend 1,728 hours or 72 days of her life shaving. For women who tweeze their eyebrows, add an additional 30 days. Men can spend an equally significant amount of time dealing with unwanted hair in their daily grooming routines.
Considering the amount of time razors shave off your life, it is no wonder that men and women seek out alternative methods for removing unwanted facial hair and body hair.
Fortunately, there are many options when it comes to removing hair. You are probably familiar with many of the alternatives listed, but learn more about the pros and cons of each and find out which hair removal method is best for you.
Shaving is the most common method of hair removal used by both men and women. It involves moving a sharp razor across the skin, cutting hair off at the skin’s surface. Because shaving does not affect the hair’s root, noticeable regrowth may occur within hours.
Best for: Male Facial Hair, armpits, legs
- Accessible from home, inexpensive and painless (usually.)
- No restrictions regarding hair color or skin type.
- Electric shavers can speed up the hair removal process
- Razors cut the tapered end off of the hair shaft, causing thicker looking regrowth
- Produces the shortest results of other hair removal methods
- It is not uncommon to acidently cut yourself while shaving
- Often causes irritation (razor burn) and ingrown hairs
- Tedious and time consuming
LASER HAIR REMOVAL DALLAS
Laser hair removal is the golden standard for permanent hair reduction. Laser hair removal works by targeting the pigment within a hair follicle with a precisely calibrated laser. The pigment absorbs the light from the laser and the thermal energy damages the hair follicle, disabling the hair’s growth potential, preventing future hair growth.* ⁱ
Years ago, Laser hair removal was ideal for removing dark hair on people with lighter skin. However, advancements in cosmetic lasers allow technicians to calibrate the wavelength and pulse duration of the laser to be safe on all hair colors and skin types.* Laser hair removal is also one of the most versatile hair removal methods. Lasers can be calibrated to offer both precise hair removal (for removing unwanted facial hair,) as well as wider treatment fields (for quickly treating larger areas such as the legs.) Men are especially appealed to laser hair removal for removing hair from their backs, necks, shoulders and chest.
Best For: Effectively works on most unwanted body hair and facial hair
- Can remove hair from virtually any part of the body
- Most effective, and permanent form of hair reduction
- Relatively quick procedure
- Safe on all hair colors and skin types
- Less painful & less expensive than electrolysis
- Not all people are good candidates for laser hair removal
- Typically requires several sessions to target hair in various growth stages
Laser Hair Removal Near Me :
The Best Laser Hair Removal Dallas Providers
If you are interested in Laser Hair removal, call Santé Medical Aesthetics at 817-873-3926 to schedule a free consultation and learn how new clients can save up to 50% off their Laser Hair Removal Cost.
Santé is the premier Laser Hair Removal Dallas provider, offering permanent hair reduction using the best laser hair removal system available on the market: the Candela Laser System.
At Home Laser Hair Removal
At-home hair removal lasers seek to combine the convenience of DIY hair removal with the permanent hair reduction of professional laser hair removal. At-home hair removal lasers follow the same mechanism as professional laser hair removal systems, however, at home lasers are much weaker than professional grade lasers and therefore, do not produce the same effects as Laser hair removal from a Medical spa.
- Convenient and accessible
- Uses Laser Technology to damage hair follicle
- At home Laser less powerful than professional lasers
- Does Not get rid of hair permanently
- More expensive than other hair removal methods.
- Can be painful
- Needs to be used in conjunction with shaving
Similar to the mechanism employed with Laser Hair Removal, electrolysis disables the hair’s growth potential by damaging the hair follicle. Electrolysis requires a technician to insert a tiny needle into the follicle of an individual strand of hair. Once inserted the needle damages the follicle by emitting a small electric current.
Best for: Removing hair from the upper lips, neck, or shoulders
- Electrolysis can provide permanent hair reduction
- Ideal for people who cannot get laser hair removal in Dallas/Fort Worth
- Procedure lasts between ½ hour to an hour
- Can work on all skin types and hair colors
- More expensive than other methods of hair removal
- Procedure can be painful
- Doesn’t work on hair with damaged follicles from regular tweezing, shaving, or waxing
Hair Removal Creams
Hair Removal creams, also known as Depilatory Creams, use a topical cream formulated with chemicals that dissolve the hair shaft. Unlike Laser hair removal, which offers permanent hair reduction by disabling the growth potential of the hair follicle, hair removal creams dissolves only the portion of hair protruding from the skin surface.
Best for: Removing facial hair and armpit hair
- Available, affordable, and convenient
- Easy to perform at home
- Chemicals often cause adverse skin reactions
- Does not remove hair by the root, so hair returns quickly
- Creams are messy and often have strong odors
Waxing is a form of hair removal that uses a sticky substance to adhere to unwanted hair. When the wax is removed the hair goes with it, pulling the hair out by its root. The wax can be hot or cold and has several variations such as sugaring hair removal.
Best for: Bikini area and larger areas such as the back or the legs
- Commonly used to remove hair from the legs, the bikini area, the armpits,
- Ideal for large patches of hair
- Longer results because waxing removes hair by the root
- Can be painful
- Requires some hair growth to adhere to the wax
- Results are temporary
- May cause irritation
Of all the hair removal methods, threading may be the least common, but it can be very effective at removing facial hair. Most people use threading to groom and shape their eyebrows. Threading uses cotton strings to lasso individual eyebrow hairs. Once the hair is threaded, the technician jerks the cotton string, removing the lassoed hairs at the root.
Best For: grooming and shaping the eyebrows
- Results typically last between 2 and 6 weeks
- Sanitary, fast, and precise
- Works on all skin types
- Can only remove facial hair
- Threading is a rare skill; few providers
- Requires some hair growth to perform
PLUCKING / TWEEZING
Tweezing is a form of manual hair removal that uses a tweezer to grasp individual hairs to pull them out by the root. Tweezing is ideal for shaping the eyebrows or removing a rogue hair from the chin or nipple.
Best for: Shaping and maintaining eyebrows and removing single rogue hairs
- Convenient, inexpensive, and can be done at home or in a salon
- Pulls hair out by the root, for longer lasting results
- Offers more precision than other methods
- Requires each hair to be manually removed, one by one
- Not ideal for large areas of hair.
- Tedious and time consuming.
- Can be painful.
- Can cause scarring, pitting, and ingrown hairs.
- Requires some hair growth to perform
Ready to throw out those razors? Learn more about permanent hair reduction by calling Santé Medical Aesthetics, the leading Laser hair removal Dallas provider by signing up for a free consultation online or by calling 817-873-3926 today.